This Privacy Statement was published May 25th, 2018. Henderson Country Sports (HCS) are committed to protect and respect your privacy in compliance with EU- General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) 2016/679, dated April 27th, 2016.
This privacy statement explains when and why we collect personal information, how we use it, the conditions under which we may disclose it to others and how we keep it secure. This Privacy Statement applies to the use of our products and to our sales, marketing and customer contract fulfilment activities. It also applies to individuals seeking a job or affiliated with Henderson Country Sports
Who are we?
Henderson Country Sports is a provider of country sporting activities and tuition, and a provider of retail products, clothing, footwear, accessories and services associated with country sports based in Turriff, Aberdeenshire in the United Kingdom.
Why do we collect and use personal data?
We collect and use personal data to provide and support our customer service and to perform direct marketing to our customers. We also collect data about our suppliers, partners and persons seeking a job or working in our company.
We may use your information for the following purposes:
To send you marketing communications that may include information about our products and services, events, activities, and promotions of our products and services or associated partners.
- Send you information about the products and services that you have purchased from us.
- Perform direct sales activities in cases where legitimate and mutual interest is established.
- Reply to a ‘Contact me’ or other web form you have completed on our website. (e.g. to subscribe to a mailing list or blog).
- Follow up on incoming requests (customer support, emails, chats, or phone calls).
- Provide you with access and services related to Henderson Country Sports.
- Perform contractual obligations such as order confirmation, invoice, reminders, and similar. The contract may be with Henderson country Sports directly or with a partner.
- Notify you about any disruptions to our services.
- Contact you to conduct surveys about your opinion on our products and services.
- Process a job application.
Our legal basis for collecting personal data
Collecting personal data based on consents
The collection of personal data based on consent from the data subject will be done by using “Consent Forms” that will store documentation related to the consent given by the individual and documented in our systems.
Collecting personal data based on contracts
We use personal information for fulfilling our obligations related to contracts and agreements with customers, partners and suppliers.
What type of personal data is collected?
We collect name, phone number, title and email address, in addition to your company’s name (if relevant) and contact information. We may also collect feedback, comments and questions received from you in service-related communication and activities, such as meetings, phone calls, documents, and emails.
If you upload photos or videos, add posts or comments, etc. from our website or social media sites, the information can be read by anyone and used for purposes over which Henderson Country Sports or you, would have no control. Therefore, Henderson Country Sports is not responsible for any information you submit using this material.
If you apply for a job at Henderson Country Sports, we collect the data you provide during the application process.
How long do we keep your personal data?
We store personal data for as long as we find it necessary to fulfill the purpose for which the personal data was collected, while also considering our need to answer your queries or resolve possible problems, to comply with legal requirements under applicable laws, to attend to any legal claims/complaints, and for safeguarding purposes.
This means that we may retain your personal data for a reasonable period of time after your last interaction with us. When the personal data that we have collected is no longer required, we will delete it in a secure manner.
Your rights to your personal data
You have the following rights with respect to your personal data:
- The right to request a copy of your personal data that Henderson Country Sports holds about you.
- The right to request that Henderson Country Sports corrects your personal data if inaccurate or out of date.
- The right to request that your personal data is deleted when it is no longer necessary for Henderson Country Sports to retain such data.
- The right to withdraw any consent to personal data processing at any time. For example, your consent to receive e-marketing communications:
- If you want to withdraw your consent to e-marketing, please make use of the link to manage your subscriptions included in our communication. Please note that you may still receive system messages and administrative communications from Henderson Country Sports, such as order confirmations, system messages and notifications about your account activities.
- The right to request that Henderson Country Sports provides you with your personal data and, if possible, to pass on this information directly (in a portable format) to another data controller when the processing is based on consent or contract.
- The right to request a restriction on further data processing, in case there is a dispute in relation to the accuracy or processing of your personal data.
- The right to object to the processing of personal data, in case data processing has been based on legitimate interest and/or direct marketing.
Any query about your Privacy Rights should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org